Thursday 22 December 2011

Honey Coconut Cake(Eggless and Sugarless)

 I was under the impression that substituting honey for sugar does not work.I had a theory that tasty foods are not healthy and vice versa.I wouldn't even try out those healthy recipes I would find because I thought it would be a waste of time.The idea that a susbstituent like honey would taste exactly like sugar was unbelievable to me.But one day when I began experimenting with honey just for fun, I had my theory disproved.Ever since that day, I have been using honey on milkshakes and cakes.I recently tried out a lemon honey drink.I was really delicious.

Honey - 200gm
Maida - 150gm
Butter- 150gm
Baking Powder- 1/4 tsp

Vanilla Essence-1/2tsp
Baking Soda - 1/4tsp
Coconut Milk - 50ml
Coconut Flakes- 1 cup
Method:
Beat the butter until it softens.Pour honey in small amounts into it.Sieve together the maida,baking powder and baking soda and add it to the butter-honey mixture.Soften the mixture using coconut milk.Add half of the coconut flakes and vanilla essence.Pour the mixture into a buttered tray and sprinkle the remaining coconut flakes on top.Bake in a preheated oven at 180 farenheit for 40-45 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment