Friday 18 April 2014

Easy Chocolate Velvet Pots



Recipe From Once Upon A Recipe

So, my Spring Break began and I decided to do my first recipe. Well, it's not first in my list, but I always begin with something sweet. (Cause I have a sweet tooth.) So, in the morning I was online and I wanted to keep surfing. Well, in short I was actually lazy to go and cook something. So, I remembered this recipe. It was simple enough, but I hadn't expected it to be tasty or anything, cause I never thought easy and delicious would come together. But this was like the MOST easiest to make. I mean, i've made simple dishes before, but most of them taste only average or are really not that easy. But this one was an exception. It was easy to make and tasted heavenly. And that's an understatement. That chocolate is velvety soft. And it melts in your mouth and if you're using semi sweet dark chocolate you needn't add sugar cause it tastes sweet without it. And I made this whole thing while surfing the internet with one hand. And I added a dollop of cream on top of it. But you need to do that only if you want. And I finished it now. I'm hoping to make more when my cousins come next.

I'm posting the original recipe here, but I didn't use liquer or salt, because I don't like liquer and I forgot to add salt. But you can try it using liquer and salt.

Easy Velvety Chocolate Pots 
6 ounces dark chocolate (~70% cocoa), chopped
2 eggs
A pinch of salt
1 TBSP. liqueur (optional)
1/2 cup very hot coffee
In a food processor or blender, combine the chocolate, eggs, salt, and liqueur (if using). Blend until well mixed. With the food processor or blender still running, slowly add the coffee and blend until smooth. Pour the mixture into the dish you want to serve it in, and refrigerate until cold and set. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment